Last year we introduced solidThinking Inspire® to the world with version 9.5. This revolutionary concept development tool received immense praise from the media and customers alike, even winning a number of prestigious industry awards, including the Design News Golden Mousetrap, the A’Design Award, and Architosh’s Best of Show at the AIA Convention. Improving on an award-winning product is certainly a difficult task, but we are confident that with today’s launch, we have done just that. I am thrilled to announce the release of the next generation of solidThinking Inspire, Inspire 2014.
solidThinking Inspire enables design engineers, product designers, and architects to create and investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily leading to reductions in cost, development time, material consumption, and product weight. Important new features in solidThinking Inspire 2014 include geometry simplification tools, smoothing options, linear static analysis, and concentrated mass parts. With Inspire 2014, we focused on not only adding new tools and capabilities to the feature set, but we also put an emphasis on the user’s workflow and making it easier to generate the ideal structural concept from a design space.
There are too many new features to list here, but below is an overview of some of the key additions, as well as video demos of each.
- Clean up and defeature problem areas in the geometry
- Remove imprints, rounds, fillets, holes and pockets
- Plug holes and pockets or create patches and bridges
Concentrated Mass Parts
- Create a concentrated mass either on a part or at a point in space
Solid Editing Tools
- Powerful Boolean operations with instant visual feedback
- Investigate linear static and normal modes analysis on a model
- Visualize displacement, factor of safety, percent of yield, tension and compression, von Mises stress, and major principal stress
- Create surface models from Inspire generated ideal shape and export as a geometry file
To learn more about all of the new features in Inspire 2014 or to request a free trial, visit our new landing page.
Latest posts by Chad Zamler (see all)
- Recollections: Converge 2017 LA - October 6, 2017
- Featured Event: solidThinking at the IDSA International Conference 2015 - August 17, 2015
- Featured Event: Aus-Tech 2015 in Melbourne, Australia - May 25, 2015